Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Distance

Well, Jason has been gone for almost a month now and I'm starting to really miss him now. We have both been super busy and finding time to talk with another has not been easy. All last week I was working ten hour days. By the time I got home, all I wanted to do was crash. If that wasn't bad enough, Jason had some days where he was working, studying, and going to class from 8am until about 3am the next day! I have no idea how he does it. By the time I got to Friday, my batteries were dead and I needed to rest and Friday happened to be one of my longest days. My hat goes down to medical students, and especially to my medical student. There is no way I could pull off such an incredible schedule. It did catch up to Jason, however. On Saturday, he overslept and missed lab. I'm glad he finally got to get some rest, but unfortunately, he'll have to attend a make-up session.


I love Jason with all my heart and I am so proud of him and what he is doing. I even admire it. He's doing exactly what he has always dreamed of or at least he's on the road to doing what he has always dreamed of. I think my biggest fear at this point is the potential for us to grow apart not being able to see one another and not even being able to really talk. When Jason does finally have time to talk to me, its usually when he is dead tired. He usually falls asleep right in the middle of our conversation because he is so exhausted. I don't get upset though, I know he's tired. But I just worry about us becoming distant. I guess only time will tell how this thing works out. I'm hopeful that everything will be okay, but it doesn't stop me from wondering how everything will turn out. 

An Almost Doctor's Almost Wife
aka Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment